Trine 3 heading to Steam Early Access next week
Frozenbyte the makers of the Trine series has announced that there new game Trine 3: The Artifacts of power will be heading to Steam early access on the 21st of April 2015 (next week). the official post is below.
Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power will be available on Steam Early Access on April 21st!
Amadeus the Wizard, Pontius the Knight, and Zoya the Thief have slowly come to the conclusion that having their lives commandeered by a powerful magical artifact is not a desirable state of existence on a permanent basis.
The heroes try to return their extraordinary gifts to the Artifact called Trine, and so they meddle with powers beyond their understanding. Trine shatters. With a literally heartless ancient sorcerer on the loose, and only a broken artifact to guide them, the heroes must try and repair the damage they’ve caused… or the damage that might yet be done.
Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power is a fairytale journey which takes you on a quest with three heroes: Amadeus the Wizard, Pontius the Knight, and Zoya the Thief.
This tale of a grand adventure as well as the additional challenge levels provide true tests to the three heroes’ skills in combat and of solving puzzles in the most creative ways.
Playable either in singleplayer, and with friends online or in local co-op.
Made with the support of the Creative Europe Programme – MEDIA of the European Union
- Online and Local Co-op – Up to three players can play online and local co-up. Any mix is possible (for example 2 local, 1 online) and you can switch from singleplayer to multiplayer and vice versa. Play with your Steam friends and explore the secrets together!
- Challenge Levels – The ultimate test to your skills, the Challenge Levels feature the most incredible contraptions, character-driven design, and ridiculous puzzles. Collect experience shards to unlock more Challenge Levels.
- Soundtrack – Award-winning composer Ari Pulkkinen returns for an amazing fantasy soundtrack! The feels, man.
- Fantastic Fantasy – Adventure through breathtakingly beautiful landscapes in an enchanting fairytale world, and for the first time ever explore the Trine world in a full 3D setting, allowing you to go check out all the nooks and crannies that have been so alluring in the past.
- Full Language Support for English – The game features full language support for English (voice + subtitles on/off). Other languages coming later during Early Access (ask the discussions for specific details).
And some videos for your viewing pleasure: