Sid Meier’s Pirates!
As you can read below this is the blurb from Sid Meier’s Pirates! from the Marketplace and it has currently a 4.5 star rating.
“All hands on Deck! Sid Meier’sPirates! is an exciting high-seas adventure that allows buccaneers to helm one of 27 fully customizable ships as they descend upon unsuspecting ports of call to a mass a motley crew of seafaring bandits. As a fearless Pirate Captain you will collect hidden treasure maps, undertake daring missions and courageous rescues, and swiftly hand out pirate-style justice to local braggarts at everyport. The wild call of the ocean will lure you back to sea where you’ll encounter enemy pirates and engage in mind-blowing open sea battles unlike anyother game before on the Windows Phone 7.
• Take the helm of 27 ships and customize them with assorted ammo,cannons and other upgrades
• The classic adventure by renowned creator Sid Meier, re-imagined for the Windows Phone 7 to take full advantage of touch controls
• Use the Windows Phone 7 touch controls to parry, counter and effectively out duel your opponents into submission with lightning quick moves onboard ships, in taverns, and even in the exclusive Governor’s mansion
• Challenge and pursue the most famous pirates in history, including Blackbeard, Captain Kidd and Henry Morgan”
I have for years played Pirates and own it on everything from my amiga to my iPad and enjoy the game whenever I play it. Also Sid Meier has created a few classic games Gunship, Pirates, Railroad Tycoon and of course Civilisation. So this was a must have for me. Once I fired it up I have honestly drained my Nokia 800 battery playing this last night and it has all the elements of the classic game Ienjoyed and the touch controls are as reactive as they are on the iPad. The sea battles are a bit hard to do due to the screen size but can still be won. Ihave finished a few of the missions. Sword fighting actually works due to being able to use most of one side of the screen. You can repair and upgrade your ships in the different ports and if you want just trade away and make a lot of money. I do enjoy the quick sail ability which does make things a little easier with my captured ships in tow. I find the crew do enjoy a battle or two to keep them happy and in the end the game is fun as you can play it multiple ways. BUT and this is where all those 5 star fanboys will hate me the game is broken due to several reasons.
1. The mobile phone screen is too small to take advantage of the sea battles.
2. The same reason as above for the sword fighting but it just works.
3. The constant loading when you do things. It breaks the flow and I feel ruins the games. I would have preferred static screens if it removed all the loading.
4.Had problems with the sound with my hardware buttons. (Seemed fixed when battery died.)
I did enjoy the game and it is fun, kudos to the team who brought it to the WP7.I would not give it 5 stars but 3.5 Stars due to loading times. I will be tryingthe game out on my LG and will test it if I can on a larger screen and revise my review if needed.
Below are the Sid Meier’s Pirates xBox Live Achievements
Freshman (5 points): Capture the First Ship.
Brotherhood (5 points): First Time Divide Plunder.
Cannoneer (5 points): First Time Succeed in Bombarding.
Dancer (5 points): First Time Succeed in Dancing.
Ceremony (10 points): Get Married.
Family Reunion (10 points): Rescue All Relatives.
Love Cheater (10 points): Attract Girls from All 4 Nations at the Same Time.
Pirate Hunter (15 points): Defeat all Top 10 Pirates.
Explorer (15 points): Find All Buried Treasures.
Avenger (15 points): Finish the Path of Revenge.
Sword Master (15 points): Defeat Marquis de la Montalban in Rogue or Swash Buckler Mode.
Strategist (15 points): Defeat 1 Big City in Bombarding with Less Than 16 Cannons.
Archaeologist (15 points): Find All Lost Cities.
Money Grubber (20 points): Collect More Than 200,000 Gold.
Patriot (20 points): Help 1 Nation to Occupy More Than 32 Cities.
Musician (20 points): Reach 150x Combo in Dancing.
(Thanks to XBOC360ACHIEVEMENTS.ORG)